8.7.14

Sincerity ; Insincerity

Shutterstock

When you were young, you never really gave much thought whenever the little girl across the class comes over to your table and starts exchanging her names with you. When you were just that innocent, cheerful little kid, your mind never echoes that central skepticism whenever someone asks you to be their playmate. Was it due to the shallowness of a child's mind or was it due to their penchant of seeing the good in people? Or was it because their eyes have yet to be exposed by the evilness of human nature?

It's hard to bridge the essence of sincerity to people of the world, at least to me. Whenever a boy comes waving at me, I grow suspicious. "Why is he waving at me? Do I truly hold any significance to him? Is he friends with me just because I get high marks for projects?". Or the other day when one of my friend messaged me after a long hard pressed month of not talking, I begin to question why is she suddenly talking to me when she never truly cared about me? Why is she calling me names like I'm her "best darling" or whatsoever? Since when does she ever care to hang out with me?

People of today are so often masked with this wonderfully accessorized smile and smartly crafted words in hopes to capture you, in order to rob your essence of goodwill to quench their thirst of success and self fulfillment. Very often, beneath those masks are overflowing with ulterior motives to eradicate your worth.

People can so embroiled by the thought of self satisfaction that they would just deliberately walk all over other people including their significant other. People cannot bear the thought of facing a suffocating time when success becomes intangible to them that they would rather watch other people go down due to their doings rather than paving the long walk to success.

 If there's a shortcut, that's where they are headed. Right or wrong? Who cares, what truly matters is the destination after all! There will always be this veneer of deception layered by their eyes. So often, they are always so thin that it's always so hard to see. Yet when you come to realize this thinnest lie, everything will be too late by then. Before you know it, the floor beneath you begins to crumble as they walk on the ground of steel.

People can be so hard to trust these days. Sometimes it feels like trusting someone is like opening a trapdoor to the evilness of human nature.

0 comments:

Post a Comment